Source code, data sets, and other files
This website includes
My papers and software are mirrored in North America.
- almost all the papers
I have written - on Hebbian learning, Bayesian methods, Neural networks,
Latent variable models,
Error-correcting codes, and Natural selection;
magicpoint slides from Gatsby learning theory meeting
- my BibTeX file, mackay.bib, containing citations (email me if you think it's not up to date)
- much of the software that I have written, including simulation software,
and teaching software (information theory and neural networks | dynamics);
- databases of research results (especially for error-correcting codes)
- software for making error-correcting codes, and databases of
- data sets relating to machine learning.
Most of these files are compressed with gzip (.gz).
If you don't have gunzip on your machine,
you can find gunzip
executables for various systems
the msdos executable is also here.
Some users report that gsview32 is useful for viewing the ps.gz files.
Some users of windows machines find that
if they download a ps.gz file by http then it does
not unzip and display, but if they download it by ftp,
it works fine.
To convert an http URL to an ftp URL,
the following pair as
The Inference Group is supported by the Gatsby Foundation
and by a partnership award from IBM Zurich Research Laboratory
David J.C. MacKay
Site last modified Wed Nov 16 18:07:29 GMT 2005