Version 3.2 new features
The key new features of Dasher 3.2.0
- One-dimensional mode; start on mouse-position - making it possible
for someone who can only move one muscle to write with Dasher
and stop and start Dasher themselves.
- Control mode - giving rudimentary stop, pause, edit, and speech options.
- Alphabet + colour options - many new alphabets to choose from,
plus the option to define your own colour schemes.
- Speech is available in both Windows and Linux.
- Language model has a new user-adjustable parameter, which controls
how much real-estate is devoted to predicting characters that are
not predicted by the language model proper. (Default 5%, but
beginners, or people writing bizarre documents, might like to increase this.)
Version 3.2 information for Developers
Making version 3.2 under Debian
From a fresh CVS checkout, you need to do ./autogen.sh in order to
generate the configure scripts and makefiles, and then make. Eigg is
probably the best machine to do this on - the libraries required for
building Dasher aren't on all of the systems yet.