Scans processed with djvu
I scanned in my book cover at two resolutions.
First, let's see the
high resolution results.
- backcover_fax.jpg ---- (792K):
- This is the raw jpg file, obtained from the 10M tif file using convert. I uploaded this 792K jpg file for conversion. When you view this file, your
browser may shrink it. The image is in fact 1700x2059.
xv -nolimits backcover_fax.jpg
- backcover_fax.djvu ---- (24K):
- Here is the djvu file obtained using normal settings on the free djvu conversion service
- backcover_fax.sharp.djvu ---- (56K):
- And here is the djvu file created when we use the best settings for foreground and background quality.
- backcover_screen.tif ---- (1448K):
- Now the low resolution results. The original tif file was 1.5M in size, and that is what I uploaded to the server.
- backcover_screen.gif ---- (552K):
- First you might want to check the viewability of this gif file. The text is readable
- backcover_screen.djvu ---- (12K):
- The compressed djvu file is very small but it's also unreadable!
Back to Djvu Page
David MacKay <email@example.com>
Last modified: Thu Jan 22 00:22:11 2004