Cambridge Automated Talks-listing Service
On Thu 19/7/2007 it was agreed to transfer the care of talks.cam from
its founders to CARET.
It was also agreed that a new representative user group should be created,
to provide a channel for input from users across the University to the
talks.cam managers and developers.
A tentative plan for the organization of talks.cam is as follows:
- talks.cam buck-stoppers
- This group has overall responsibility for talks.cam and make decisions
about strategic plans, priorities, and so forth.
- maintenance and development
- This group keeps webservers and software running; and develop software.
- user support and editorial
- This group
- keeps an eye on the content being added to talks.cam,
looking out for misunderstanding and misuse, and providing active guidance to
users who need it.
maintains editorial control of the public look of talks.cam,
helping people make their pages look good, and making decisions
about which lists and talks are featured on the talks.cam front page.
- user group
This group conveys the will of the people to the buck-stoppers.
If we give it a wiki or web-forum of some sort, it could perhaps handle
part of the user support role too, using volunteer help.
Site last modified Thu Jul 19 16:15:33 BST 2007