Darwin College website has a music webpage
We are eager to welcome new members to join the music committee.
The music committee
- helps put musicians in touch with each other to form ensembles and bands
- organises occasional informal concerts in college
- organises other musical events in college, eg Brazilian drumming evening
- appoints the director of the college choir
- buys sheet music for the college choir
- buys and maintains musical equipment for the use of college members
See this site to join the music email list
this link is for the administrator
Music Committee Roles
Treasurer: David MacKay (djcm1)
Secretary: books the meeting room, circulates the agenda, and takes minutes of meetings.
DCSA liason: submits a budget on behalf of the music society
to the DCSA (eg for concerts, equipment, sheet music),
and tries to ensure it is spent. One thing needed in the budget is
a count of members of the music society.
Semen Trygubenko sat39@cam
Piano person: arranges the tuning of the grand piano.
Website and email manager:
Freshers' concert organiser:
Informal concert organiser:
Equipment manager. - Rock band equipment, Music stands.
Notice boards and advertisements.
Database: Putting musicians in touch with each other, Freshers' fair:
Giselle Walker gw265@cam
Wise old man: Alan Blackwell- Alan.Blackwell@cl.cam.ac.uk
Organise distribution of free concert tickets -
Charlotte Rusby car22@cam
Site last modified Mon Feb 12 15:02:57 GMT 2007